July 19, 2012

This morning

when I woke up, I thought of something different. Instead of dreading my day as usual, I thought, "Hey, it's going to be okay. Thank you, whoever you are, for just being there." I just finished reading the book the Emma gave me, last night. I know, I know, it took me two months to finally finish it? But, what counts is that I finally finished it, okay. So, I'm still a skeptic, but everything I've read in the past few days confirmed what everyone has been telling me for the past couple months. I'm wary, but more accepting. It's okay to feel broken--it's not necessary to be perfect. 

So my day wasn't exactly perfect. Yes, I almost ran over a bicyclist. Yes, I felt so overwhelmed with work...because I took a day off yesterday. Yes, I felt guilty for lying. Yes, I felt uncomfortable talking to my old boss. Yes, all these things did happen, but oddly, I felt okay!

Despite what I'm saying, it's going to be tough to feel the way I feel right now, because at the end of the day, I still feel drained, but I'm feeling a little more at peace. Everyday is going to be a different day... I'm not always going to feel as at peace as I felt this morning, but I think this is the beginning of something good. It's as if I can take on the world! haha. 

Like my optimism? I kind of like it... I'm not use to it, but I like it. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment