March 25, 2012

Overthinking

So, this has been on my mind and I feel that it is something necessary to write about.

Today (or yesterday? It's past 12am, so I think it's yesterday), I came back from Seoul and got my roommate a plain pastry. I also got myself a pastry that had custard in the middle. When I gave it to her, she seemed pretty content. Much later, when I came back to my room, I noticed that she gave me back the pastry I gave her and put some fruits there, too. I was thankful, but also confused. She explained that she exchanged her plain pastry for my custard filled pastry because she likes cream more. Then, she looked at me, questioning whether it was okay. I felt pretty indifferent as she told me, but I also didn't really want the plain pastry.

I know I am over thinking this, but is this the norm here? Taking other people's stuff without asking them first? Or, is this some form of bullying? I really didn't care that she took it, but the more I think about it right now, the more I think there is some underlying consequence for not confronting her about it. I really like her and beginning to get scared; what if she takes my stuff without me knowing? I'm pretty trusting, assuming that she doesn't go through my stuff. Ohh goodness, I am getting really paranoid. :/

0 comments:

Post a Comment