March 6, 2012

Facing Reality

When I met up with them last week, I asked him how he was doing, remembering that he was a radio-tv-film major. He told me that he graduated from DIMA this past semester and now goes to (don't know the name) university in Seoul to study business. Surprised, I yelped, "What?! You weren't a business major before!! WHY?" He replies, "I faced reality."

Hearing what he said made me really sad. I don't know…I assumed that he'd continue with his passion. It just made me depressed. Despite me not caring about what he said at the moment, his words pondered in my mind all week.

Facing reality isn't really my thing (or, well, anyone else). I don't want to know that everything isn't going to be okay; life really isn't going to be okay? But, it's true. Things are hard. You can't become who you want to be. I don't know what I am saying.

But sometimes all we need to do is give a leap of faith. Faith that things will be okay. I kind of wish he had faith. It makes me realize how intangible things can be…and that scares me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment