January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!


Guess what? It's 2012! How did everyone spend their New Years? Watching the ball drop from Time Square? Going to a party? Hanging out with the family? I was going to stay with my family, watching crappy Chinese television concerts and laughing at old Chinese singers. BUT, my plans changed when Christina and Calvin asked me to come over and celebrate. Truthfully, I was hesitant going over there because I have been feeling uncomfortable when hanging out during our prior meet-ups. But, my parents were okay with it, as long as someone else drove (guess they still think I'm accident-prone).

Basically spent my New Years at Calvin's watching the ball drop in Time Square on TV and watching Bridesmaids. Oh, and almost finishing off a bottle of strawberry flavoured wine (wine will eventually taste better when I get older, right? So far, I hate the acidic taste in my mouth from the prior drinks we had)-- with maybe 8 ounces of wine left (I had to bring the bottle home). As dull as this New Years celebration is, I thought it went okay. :)

Getting to the point, which I went off-course, it's odd how a new year signifies change. We make all these plans to change as a person. Well, at least I used to write down what I wanted to change. One thing I wanted to do was appreciate everything and everyone more. I am pretty selfish and expect a lot out of people without reciprocating. At the same time, I want to be less of a pushover. Sounds kind of conflicting--how can I be a pushover but at the same time a user? Well, we all know there are shades of grey. There's more I want to say on this subject, but I'm going to leave this topic unfinished.

I'll just end this post here and say Happy New Year! I'm anticipating a good year. I hope you all will feel content and fulfilled this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment