October 29, 2011

Movie Adaptations

I always get excited when a book that I have personally read eventually becomes a movie. It is nice to know that a movie is based on a book, but it is not as exciting as finding out that a book is becoming a movie! (You know what I mean? hahaha, I am so confusing.) For instance, it is nice to know that Chronicles of Narnia or Peter Pan were books prior to becoming fantastic movies. But, finding books to read on my own and then finding out years from now that they were to become a movie is so much better.

Like, Twilight! When I first found out that Twilight was to become a movie, I was like, "Oh my! I read that book in the 8th grade because I saw it at the local Target and decided to borrow it from the local library!" On a side note--when I finally finished up the Twilight series during my senior year of high school, I couldn't help but scoff at the cheesiness (that I once liked in 8th grade). Moreover, I kept focusing on how 10 year old children enjoyed it so much which made me so freaked out when it described an abusive relationship at the last book. So, to clarify everything. I just like knowing that I read the book regardless of enjoying the book or not. Like The Golden Compass, I did not even remember much of the book because I read it so long ago, but I liked how I knew of the book prior to it becoming a movie. Ahh, I sound like such a douche bag--just liking the fact that I knew of it. How can you guys deal with me?

Here are some of the books/movies that I can remember right now (that I was excited for):

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone--I was in 5th grade! Who wouldn't be excited for that movie? I just finished the first book earlier that year (I know, I was a late bloomer!)
Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief--What is there to hate about Percy? I do not think if I have ever told anyone this, but I love Greek Mythology since the 4th grade. My teacher always read the stories during class. Side note--I love reading faerie tales, too! I am really excited for the upcoming television series on faerie tale retellings. I also love the fact that there are faerie tale retellings in movies. I read bad reviews for most of them, but I am glad to see a bunch of my favorite stuff all over the media. Haha, just wait for a couple months--I will so annoyed of seeing all this!
Perks of Being a Wallflower--I was fond of this book in the 8th grade but when a lot of people read the book, I started to question myself. Did I really like this book?
It's Kind of a Funny Story--I love love love love love this book! Still do. When I heard about a movie coming out, I was super freaken absolutely excited to hear about it. The movie was phenomenal. I was somewhat disappointed with some of the the movie scenes, but I kind of understand why they wouldn't put some of the scenes.
Something Borrowed--I wanted to read good chick-lit stuff. However, most adult fiction books are just plain boring. But, when I read this book, I actually liked it a lot. I was rooting for her all the way even though I should not have. When I found out about the movie, I was like, "oooohmygosh!" Still haven't watched it yet.
Never Let Me Go--I read the book earlier this year. Oh goodness, I have nothing to say about it? I did a whole post of this! Okay, during the middle of reading the novel, I looked it up on the internet and found out about the movie. So, I was pretty happy to find out that it was a movie that I did not hear about (especially at a time like this, with technology and pop culture everywhere).
The Great Gatsby--Okay, there is an older movie version out, but I felt delighted when I heard that another version was coming out starring Leonardo DiCaprio (who I do not like so much) and Carey Mulligan (I really like her a lot right now. She is the (next) big thing!).
Sloppy Firsts--I read this book in January 1st, 2005 and it changed my life. The next four books are just as phenomenal and I love them all. Honestly, I did not think it would become a movie, just because of my own personal reasonings. However, when I found out this morning that it looks like it might become a movie, I was like, "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" So, yes, I am super excited to watch a movie adaption of this book series. I hope it does well, but it will never ever replace my love for the books! <3

So, here it is--my small list of movie adaptations that I was excited for and still am excited for. I hope you enjoy reading my short and badly written post. What movie adaptations are/were you excited for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment