September 2, 2011

Hazelnut Spread

So, a couple weeks ago, I found a Homemade Nutella recipe online. It looked simple enough to make so I shared my excitement with Andrew. It was decided that we'd meet up today to make it. I hope they enjoyed the experience. :D Anyway, these are the photos I took from the whole process.
Baked and peeled hazelnuts.
Melted semisweet and milk chocolates.
Crushed hazelnuts using Andrew's super cool Magic Bullet.
Finished product.
Andrew and Calvin doing all the work!

Anyway, we made three different batches of hazelnut spread. They were all good in their different ways. The first one had a good combination of bitter and sweetness. The second one was a little too watery and bland. The third one was nutty good. :)

All in all, it was a pretty successful day. Let me tell you, it was not difficult to make (mostly because everyone else did all the work). It only consisted of 1.5 cups of hazelnuts, 1.5 cups of whole milk, .75 cup of powdered milk, 1 tbsp of mild-flavored honey (we used regular honey and I realized that I forgot to bring the honey back home), a pinch of salt, 1 heaping cup full of semisweet chocolate chips, and 1 scant cup of milk chocolate chips. I hope you enjoy seeing the entire process. :) Also, I hope this experience gives everyone inspiration to make it, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment