April 9, 2011

Papermaking


No matter how alone I feel, I can always feel comfort in paper. I remember seeing a tutorial on papermaking when I was a senior in high school. We went FCC for a silkscreening workshop. There were loads of booths there and one of the people made paper. Everyone wanted their name letterpressed on a piece paper while I looked at the papermaker for awhile. In the end, however, I went to the letterpress guy, trying to get my name letterpressed. In the end, I didn't get anything. Anyway, at pinterest, I saw this tutorial on papermaking. It made me feel really regretful. I bought this silkscreening kit at Urban Outfitters for $20 a couple months ago. Thinking it was too cheaply made, I returned it. I should not have done that. I did not have to silkscreen with it. I could have used the screen to make paper. I was at Blick's Art Materials the other day. I was going to buy a screen and maybe renew my screenprinting hobby but the materials were so expensive that I reconsidered. I am feeling regretful, but I'm okay. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment