April 21, 2011

Inspired by the Future

I officially declared myself a Psychology major this Monday since I'm almost done with my GEs. When I went to get psychology academic advising on Wednesday, the graduate student told me something I didn't know. Apparently, I had to take about 28 units of electives in addition to the 41 units in my field. Basically, he was telling me that I CAN MINOR and finish in 4 years. I can do something else in life. I can definitely fail in psychology if I like (but I don't intend to). I don't have to go to graduate school. I won't have to take the GRE if I decide I hate psychology at the very end. I can have a fresh start with something else. Recently, I noticed that I'm going towards Communications again. It is a really attractive and fast-paced field. I started to consider switching fields, but decided that I was a little to in my studies to run away again. Later, I considered double majoring, but I don't know if I really want to stay an extra year at school. Anyway, I think I will major in psych and minor in something else. Communications is calling to me, but I don't know what I will emphasize communications in--advertising, journalism, public relations? Maybe I will do something like business OR sociology OR history? I don't know...

AHHHHHHHHHH! I'm so excited! Really. I know that people do not care for minors, but I feel so free! I can't seem to place my excitement on text. All I have to say is that I feel so content (despite that term paper due in the super near future) yet so worried because I have to figure out what I want pretty soon. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment